• “The Band’s Visit,” a delicate musical about an Egyptian police orchestra stranded for a night in Israel, swept the awards, winning 10 prizes including best new musical.
• “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child,” a sequel to the seven-novel series, won best play.
• The biggest upset of the night: “Once on This Island” defeated “Carousel” and “My Fair Lady” to win best musical revival.
• Acting prizes went to Andrew Garfield and Nathan Lane for “Angels in America” and Glenda Jackson and Laurie Metcalf for “Three Tall Women.” See all the winners.
• Students from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High Schoolin Parkland, Fla., sang an anthem of survival from “Rent,” just months after living through a mass shooting.
(Excerpt) Read more in: The New York Times